Founder of Backlinko, SEO Trainer and Link Building Guru Brian Dean was amazingly quick in responding to our request for an interview. We love that sort of response and his informative answers certainly didn’t disappoint.
Founder of Backlinko, SEO Trainer and Link Building Guru Brian Dean was amazingly quick in responding to our request for an interview. We love that sort of response and his informative answers certainly didn’t disappoint. I also highly recommend following Brian Dean on Twitter.
1. Hello Brian and thank you for the interview! Would you like to introduce yourself?
Happy to be here, Matt. Sure, my name is Brian Dean. I’m an internet marketing consultant and SEO blogger.
2. How did you get into Online marketing and SEO?
I initially got into online marketing after creating an information product in 2008. Because I didn’t know anything about marketing, I didn’t even realize that I’d need traffic in order to get sales to my site.
After wasting a ton of money using Google Adwords (I had no clue what I was doing), I started learning about SEO. The rest is history 🙂
3. Your very well known as the co-founder of Backlinko, How did that get started?https://lh3.googleusercontent.com
I started Backlinko last December after realizing there was a HUGE market for actionable SEO strategies and techniques. Most of the SEO content I read was all theory and opinion and lacked practical information. I thought that if I published practical information that people would respond well to it. So far so good.
4. What do you think is the most common misunderstanding of online marketing?http://www.inkthemes.com/
“Publish great content” is a phrase that gets tossed around WAY too much. When I first got into online marketing I thought all you needed to do was publish great stuff and you’d get tons and tons of traffic. The truth is, you need to promote the heck out of your site if you want it to do well.
5. Can you tell us about any new courses your currently working on?Ref:http://assets1.ignimgs.com/
I actually have a course that I released in the fall called SEO That Works. I’m always tweaking it and adding new content.
6. What would your advice be for those looking for better link building?Ref:http://www.webseoanalytics.com/
My advice would be to create a resource on your site that’s actually worth linking to. Without that, generating quality links is next to impossible. But once you have that, a ton of opportunities start to open up.
7. How would you explain the Guestographic method?Ref: http://www.lodestarsolutions.com/
The Guestographic method is basically where you create an infographic or other visual asset and promote it by offering free content to go along with it. It works well because you’re adding value to the other person’s sites in two ways: once with your infographic and again with your text-based content.
8. What are your top 3 tips for online montization?Ref:http://socialkloud.com/
Honestly, I only have one: build an email list.
With an email list, you have traffic and sales on tap. Without it, you’re only as good as your last visitor.
9. What has been your proudest moment or best result in Online Marketing so far?
Good question. One moment that springs to mind is getting interviewed at InternetMarketing.com. I just felt like it was so cool that someone actually wanted to hear what I had to say about SEO.
10. What advice would you give to our Web Courses Bangkok students looking to get into the Online Marketing and SEO sector?Ref: http://bookboonglobal.com/
The best advice I can give is to start your own site. That’s the only way to learn how to succeed in SEO.
If your interested in learning more about Social Marketing we have just the course for you with our Online Marketing course to help you harness the cost effectiveness of the internet, develop your market to drive traffic and create conversions.