You can make an image look hand painted, silkscreened, or sketched: apply distortion or noice. Once you start using the Filter Gallery, you’ll see…tie will fly by. Check out these Photoshop distort filters side by side.
Photoshop filters allow you to have infinite creative possibilities. You can modify only a selection, or the whole layer.
How do we use the Filter Gallery?
- Open a new image in Photoshop
- Choose Filter – Filter Gallery
(The Filter Gallery dialog has three sections: a preview area on the left, filter categories with thumbnails in the middle, and on the right the settings for the currently selected filter and a list of the filter effects you’ve previewed thus far).
- In the middle pane of the dialog, click an arrowhead to expand any of the six filter categories, then click a filter thumbnail.
- On the right side of the dialog, choose settings for the filter.
- When you’re satisfied with the filters and settings you’ve chosen, just click OK!
To apply another filter effect, click the New Effect Layer button, click on another filter thumbnail iciaoQn any category, then choose your settings.
To remove a filter effect from the list, select it then click the Delete Effect Layer button instead.
Photoshop Distort Filters
Photoshop Distort Filters is the third category we will see!
Diffuse glow filter
Ocean ripple filter
Next week we will be looking at the Sketch filters.