It is a great time to learn web design and in this Podcast Carl talks about how to create a website in under 10 minutes using Fantastico and WordPress.
It is a great time to learn and use web design to create professional sites quickly. There are many tools like Wix.com that help you create full flash sites with just a drag and drop, or Squarespace.com that gives you even more power to create interactive and professional sites.
Today we look at how to install WordPress and have a site ready for content in under 10 minutes.
10 Easy Steps to Setting up a Website in 30 Minutes
- Search for your domain name on www.instantdomainsearch.com and then purchase it on www.GoDaddy.com
- Then you will need somewhere of quality to host your website (WCB gets 20% off HostGator hosting)
- Connect up your new Domain to your Hosting by put name servers into the GoDaddy settings
- Wait a few hours and then you`ll be ready to do something Fantastico! Login to your cpanel and goto the very bottom and look for Fantastico. Click and look for WordPress > New Installation and then follow the instructions.
Now WordPress is installed..start the clock!
- Choose your template (try Theme Forest) 5 min
- Change design settings – 5 min
- Add your plugins 5 min
- Create your pages and posts (assuming you prepared your content before) 5 mins