Training your clients on how you work, what you do and don`t do and showing them how to actually use their new investment is vital. Here are some quick tips on how.Training your clients on how you work, what you do and don`t do and showing them how to actually use their new investment is vital.
From the very start of the project to the end you need to be in control and have a plan. Projects can very easily go off the rails, so with constant communication you can avoid any problems.
Here are some tips on how to keep your time on creating a great website and not arguing with clients due to scope creep or that you feel your client is a creep!
- Training your clients in your process lets them know what is going to happen.
- Start the training at the kick-off meeting. Tell them what you do and don`t
- Getting money later in the project is much harder than just being straight up at the start
- Go through the project document with the client and get them to properly sign off each stage
- Why not get your client in for some web design training, that way they know what is involved and what they are paying for. Keep it simple, but it will give them a clear idea of the work and thus where the cost comes from.
- Make sure they know any changes outside of the project agreement will incur a cost and give them your hourly rate. Some clients don`t know just how long turning a blue website to a pink one.
- Give your clients some good training on how to use their website so that after you hand it over they don`t mess up the design and get the most out of their investment.